The New Year brings new projects. After the holidays many people use that time to clean-up and spruce up their homes. These projects can range from small closet organization to large ones like replacing a roof. There are plenty of ways to revamp your home in the new year.
Check out these ideas for a list of home improvement projects that you can tackle.
- Organize your storage/garage space. I don’t know about you, but during the holidays I feel like I’m always looking for something. Whether it be giftwrap or decorations, nothing seems to be where it should. As you are cleaning up the holiday decorations, this is a good time to organize that attic or garage to assure everything has a place.
- The winter is not the best time to revamp your landscaping, but you can add winter-hardy flowers and plants to freshen up your exterior.
- Paint your cabinets or wall in the laundry room. An awful lot of time is spent in this room, so it should be pleasing to the eye. Another good way to spruce up this room is to change cabinet knobs, add a green plant, and pretty containers to hold laundry detergent and other cleaning items.
- If you’ve been thinking about replacing your roof, there is no better time than the new year. A new roof will not only change the aesthetics of the exterior of your home but will make it more energy-efficient allowing you to start the new year saving money on energy costs.
- New windows are another way to immediately update your exterior as well as your interior while saving you money on your energy bills.
If you have been thinking about undertaking a new year project, contact Mel Harris Company for all your roof, window, and siding needs. Excellent financing options are available. Call today to schedule your free estimate, 1-800-NEW-ROOF.