Spring storms are upon us and with that can often mean hailstorms. In fact, the 11-year anniversary of the 2008 hailstorm that hit our area is fast approaching. After that storm, many people that sustained roof damage opted for a metal roof to avoid the same problems the next time a hailstorm occurred. Metal roofs are an attractive option because of their longevity, minimal maintenance and energy efficiency.
The many benefits of metal roofs are:
- Longevity – A standard shingled roof has a life expectancy of approximately 30 years. A metal roof will exceed that life expectancy by 10 to 20 years, depending on the material.
- Durability – Metal roofs are designed to sustain strong wind gusts. They will not corrode or crack. Mel Harris vertical panel metal roofs are dent-resistant, rust-resistant and fade-resistant. Metal roofs require minimal to no maintenance compared to shingle roofs that often need periodic maintenance, particularly after wind storms.
- Safety – Metal roofs will not spark or ignite into flames during a wildfire or lightning strike.
- Energy Efficient – Cooling costs are often reduced by 10-25% when metal roofs are installed. The Mel Harris metal shake roof comes with a heat barrier coating that reflects radiant heat and reduces energy costs by up to 25%.
- Environmentally friendly – Metal roofs are 100% recyclable at the end of their life cycle, unlike standard shingles that make up a large portion of construction waste.
Mel Harris Company offers two beautiful styles of metal roofs. The vertical panel and the metal shake roof.
- The Vertical Panel roof is the most popular option. It is made of Summit Ultra-Premium Panels that are a 26-gauge quality material making it fade-resistant, dent-resistant and rust-resistant.
- The Metal Shake Roof incorporates a wood texture similar to wood shake roofs, but without the fire hazard. This roof offers the heat barrier coating for energy efficiency. It is low-weight for easy installation over existing roofs. Additionally, it protects against peeling, staining, fading and chalking.
Whichever style of metal roof you choose, both have a lifetime warranty and come in a variety of colors. Contact Mel Harris Company at 1-800-NEW ROOF today to schedule your free estimate. We offer 100% satisfaction and fantastic financing options as well.